GB CB2 3DZ
Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology, University of Cambridge (MAA)
[Source - MAA website in 2017 http://maa.cam.ac.uk and Alison K. Brown, ‘First Nations, Museums, Narrations: Stories of the 1929 Franklin Motor Expedition to the Canadian Prairies’ (Vancouver: UBC Press, 2014): The Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology (MAA) in Cambridge was founded in 1884. At the time of its conception, up until 1906, it was called the Museum of General and Local Archaeology. From 1906 - 1913 it was the Museum of Local Archaeology and Ethnology, in recognition of its growing world cultures collection. From 1913 - 1978, it was the University Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology, and 1979 it became the University of Cambridge Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology. The acronym was simplified to MAA in 2007. It has been in its present location on Downing Street since 1913.
MAA has been a base for teaching and research within the University of Cambridge since 1884. The collections have been built up by students and researchers undertaking archaeological and anthropological fieldwork, as well as by alumni who went on to become colonial administrators, missionaries and navigators.]